Jan 19, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
Josh Harding seems like he might be closing in on a return, but Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Darcy Kuemper might just stick with the team if he continues to play well. Even if that means carrying three goalies.
“If he keeps winning games, we’re not going to send him down,” Yeo said. “I can’t see why we would do that. These things always have a way of sorting themselves out. We can’t start looking too far ahead.”
The Wild’s roster updates could be interesting to watch for more than just that reason. The same report indicates that Zach Parise expects to start ramping up contact and activity, with the outside chance that he could play Thursday or Saturday.
“I’m just waiting for the green light to get him more involved in practice,” Yeo said.
A healthy Parise and Harding could force some juggling, but the Wild would probably be glad to take that deal if they continue their strong recent play.
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 0
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 26
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 68
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)