Jan 19, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Josh Harding seems like he might be closing in on a return, but Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Darcy Kuemper might just stick with the team if he continues to play well. Even if that means carrying three goalies.
“If he keeps winning games, we’re not going to send him down,” Yeo said. “I can’t see why we would do that. These things always have a way of sorting themselves out. We can’t start looking too far ahead.”
The Wild’s roster updates could be interesting to watch for more than just that reason. The same report indicates that Zach Parise expects to start ramping up contact and activity, with the outside chance that he could play Thursday or Saturday.
“I’m just waiting for the green light to get him more involved in practice,” Yeo said.
A healthy Parise and Harding could force some juggling, but the Wild would probably be glad to take that deal if they continue their strong recent play.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55