Jan 19, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Josh Harding seems like he might be closing in on a return, but Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Darcy Kuemper might just stick with the team if he continues to play well. Even if that means carrying three goalies.
“If he keeps winning games, we’re not going to send him down,” Yeo said. “I can’t see why we would do that. These things always have a way of sorting themselves out. We can’t start looking too far ahead.”
The Wild’s roster updates could be interesting to watch for more than just that reason. The same report indicates that Zach Parise expects to start ramping up contact and activity, with the outside chance that he could play Thursday or Saturday.
“I’m just waiting for the green light to get him more involved in practice,” Yeo said.
A healthy Parise and Harding could force some juggling, but the Wild would probably be glad to take that deal if they continue their strong recent play.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 16
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)