Jan 19, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
Josh Harding seems like he might be closing in on a return, but Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Darcy Kuemper might just stick with the team if he continues to play well. Even if that means carrying three goalies.
“If he keeps winning games, we’re not going to send him down,” Yeo said. “I can’t see why we would do that. These things always have a way of sorting themselves out. We can’t start looking too far ahead.”
The Wild’s roster updates could be interesting to watch for more than just that reason. The same report indicates that Zach Parise expects to start ramping up contact and activity, with the outside chance that he could play Thursday or Saturday.
“I’m just waiting for the green light to get him more involved in practice,” Yeo said.
A healthy Parise and Harding could force some juggling, but the Wild would probably be glad to take that deal if they continue their strong recent play.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10