Jan 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Arthur Staple of Newsday reports the 37-year-old defenseman will return to practice today. Visnovsky has passed his latest round of neurological tests but he hasn’t been cleared for contact. The hope for the Islanders is that he will be ready to play just before the Olympic break.
This season, Visnovsky has played in eight games with a goal and two assists. He was acquired in a trade with the Anaheim Ducks during the 2012 NHL Draft and with how taxed the Isles defense has been this season, his return will be a big one for New York.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11