Jan 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Arthur Staple of Newsday reports the 37-year-old defenseman will return to practice today. Visnovsky has passed his latest round of neurological tests but he hasn’t been cleared for contact. The hope for the Islanders is that he will be ready to play just before the Olympic break.
This season, Visnovsky has played in eight games with a goal and two assists. He was acquired in a trade with the Anaheim Ducks during the 2012 NHL Draft and with how taxed the Isles defense has been this season, his return will be a big one for New York.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5