Jan 19, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Rick Nash has been on a tear lately and, maybe not coincidentally, the New York Rangers find themselves on a hot streak of their own. He opened up the scoring against the Washington Capitals with this alert play and a nice move:
As it turns out, that was the beginning of the end for Philipp Grubauer on Sunday, as the Rangers took advantage of a 5-on-3 situation to make it 3-0. Nash scored again during that sequence while Derek Stepan‘s goal prompted Adam Oates to pull Grubauer late in the first period.
Nash, 29, now owns the Rangers’ team lead with 14 goals. Half of those tallies came recently, as he has seven (and possibly counting) in his last eight contests.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54