Jan 19, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Rick Nash has been on a tear lately and, maybe not coincidentally, the New York Rangers find themselves on a hot streak of their own. He opened up the scoring against the Washington Capitals with this alert play and a nice move:
As it turns out, that was the beginning of the end for Philipp Grubauer on Sunday, as the Rangers took advantage of a 5-on-3 situation to make it 3-0. Nash scored again during that sequence while Derek Stepan‘s goal prompted Adam Oates to pull Grubauer late in the first period.
Nash, 29, now owns the Rangers’ team lead with 14 goals. Half of those tallies came recently, as he has seven (and possibly counting) in his last eight contests.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6