Jan 19, 2014, 3:30 AM EST
The NHL appears to have taken exception to John Tortorella’s actions during Saturday night’s contests. Following a game-opening line brawl that left him visibly angry, he went to the Flames dressing room during the first intermission to continue the argument:
That appears to have crossed a line as he will probably have a hearing Monday, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
During his postgame press conference, Tortorella was willing to talk about the circumstances that led to the brawl, but not his actions related to the dressing room incident.
“Please, don’t push me,” Tortorella responded when the questions about it persisted. “I’ll answer your questions, I’ve tried to be honest as possible with (what happened at the beginning of the game), but I’m not going to go into the other stuff.”
Some historical perspective: In 1999, MTL's Shayne Corson suspended 5 games for trying to get in VAN dressing room to get Ed Jovanovski.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) January 19, 2014
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)