Jan 19, 2014, 3:30 AM EST
The NHL appears to have taken exception to John Tortorella’s actions during Saturday night’s contests. Following a game-opening line brawl that left him visibly angry, he went to the Flames dressing room during the first intermission to continue the argument:
That appears to have crossed a line as he will probably have a hearing Monday, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
During his postgame press conference, Tortorella was willing to talk about the circumstances that led to the brawl, but not his actions related to the dressing room incident.
“Please, don’t push me,” Tortorella responded when the questions about it persisted. “I’ll answer your questions, I’ve tried to be honest as possible with (what happened at the beginning of the game), but I’m not going to go into the other stuff.”
Some historical perspective: In 1999, MTL's Shayne Corson suspended 5 games for trying to get in VAN dressing room to get Ed Jovanovski.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) January 19, 2014
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)