Jan 19, 2014, 3:30 AM EDT
The NHL appears to have taken exception to John Tortorella’s actions during Saturday night’s contests. Following a game-opening line brawl that left him visibly angry, he went to the Flames dressing room during the first intermission to continue the argument:
That appears to have crossed a line as he will probably have a hearing Monday, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
During his postgame press conference, Tortorella was willing to talk about the circumstances that led to the brawl, but not his actions related to the dressing room incident.
“Please, don’t push me,” Tortorella responded when the questions about it persisted. “I’ll answer your questions, I’ve tried to be honest as possible with (what happened at the beginning of the game), but I’m not going to go into the other stuff.”
Some historical perspective: In 1999, MTL's Shayne Corson suspended 5 games for trying to get in VAN dressing room to get Ed Jovanovski.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) January 19, 2014
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 14
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 64
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (64)