Jan 19, 2014, 3:30 AM EDT
The NHL appears to have taken exception to John Tortorella’s actions during Saturday night’s contests. Following a game-opening line brawl that left him visibly angry, he went to the Flames dressing room during the first intermission to continue the argument:
That appears to have crossed a line as he will probably have a hearing Monday, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
During his postgame press conference, Tortorella was willing to talk about the circumstances that led to the brawl, but not his actions related to the dressing room incident.
“Please, don’t push me,” Tortorella responded when the questions about it persisted. “I’ll answer your questions, I’ve tried to be honest as possible with (what happened at the beginning of the game), but I’m not going to go into the other stuff.”
Some historical perspective: In 1999, MTL's Shayne Corson suspended 5 games for trying to get in VAN dressing room to get Ed Jovanovski.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) January 19, 2014
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)