Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune, the league’s Player Safety Board will not be looking further into the play ruling that Benn’s hit on Cooke was a “protective maneuver.”
If you missed it last night, check out video of the hit here.
The hit certainly doesn’t look good and the fact it came against Cooke won’t earn him much sympathy in the public eye. It’s an ugly play, but the league has discussed these types of plays before and, according to that, Benn’s hit qualifies.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45