Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune, the league’s Player Safety Board will not be looking further into the play ruling that Benn’s hit on Cooke was a “protective maneuver.”
If you missed it last night, check out video of the hit here.
The hit certainly doesn’t look good and the fact it came against Cooke won’t earn him much sympathy in the public eye. It’s an ugly play, but the league has discussed these types of plays before and, according to that, Benn’s hit qualifies.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5