Jan 19, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Here are a few AHL recalls and demotions to distract you from stomach-turning sports injuries:
- The Montreal Canadiens brought defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (pictured) back from the minors. Beaulieu, 21, played five games in October, one on Jan. 18 and possibly more now. Unless the Canadiens send him back down again, that is.
The 17th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft has 14 points in 32 games at the AHL level, too.
- The Calgary Flame sent blueliner Derek Smith to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. Smith, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, collecting an assist and a -10 rating. He has 94 NHL games under his belt and has been in the Flames organization since 2011-12.
- The San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson to their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. The 23-year-old played in four games in 2012-13 but hasn’t played with the big club yet this season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)