Jan 19, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Here are a few AHL recalls and demotions to distract you from stomach-turning sports injuries:
- The Montreal Canadiens brought defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (pictured) back from the minors. Beaulieu, 21, played five games in October, one on Jan. 18 and possibly more now. Unless the Canadiens send him back down again, that is.
The 17th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft has 14 points in 32 games at the AHL level, too.
- The Calgary Flame sent blueliner Derek Smith to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. Smith, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, collecting an assist and a -10 rating. He has 94 NHL games under his belt and has been in the Flames organization since 2011-12.
- The San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson to their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. The 23-year-old played in four games in 2012-13 but hasn’t played with the big club yet this season.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)