Jan 19, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Here are a few AHL recalls and demotions to distract you from stomach-turning sports injuries:
- The Montreal Canadiens brought defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (pictured) back from the minors. Beaulieu, 21, played five games in October, one on Jan. 18 and possibly more now. Unless the Canadiens send him back down again, that is.
The 17th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft has 14 points in 32 games at the AHL level, too.
- The Calgary Flame sent blueliner Derek Smith to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. Smith, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, collecting an assist and a -10 rating. He has 94 NHL games under his belt and has been in the Flames organization since 2011-12.
- The San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson to their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. The 23-year-old played in four games in 2012-13 but hasn’t played with the big club yet this season.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)