Jan 19, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Here are a few AHL recalls and demotions to distract you from stomach-turning sports injuries:
- The Montreal Canadiens brought defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (pictured) back from the minors. Beaulieu, 21, played five games in October, one on Jan. 18 and possibly more now. Unless the Canadiens send him back down again, that is.
The 17th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft has 14 points in 32 games at the AHL level, too.
- The Calgary Flame sent blueliner Derek Smith to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. Smith, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, collecting an assist and a -10 rating. He has 94 NHL games under his belt and has been in the Flames organization since 2011-12.
- The San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson to their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. The 23-year-old played in four games in 2012-13 but hasn’t played with the big club yet this season.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)