Jan 19, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Here are a few AHL recalls and demotions to distract you from stomach-turning sports injuries:
- The Montreal Canadiens brought defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (pictured) back from the minors. Beaulieu, 21, played five games in October, one on Jan. 18 and possibly more now. Unless the Canadiens send him back down again, that is.
The 17th pick of the 2011 NHL Draft has 14 points in 32 games at the AHL level, too.
- The Calgary Flame sent blueliner Derek Smith to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. Smith, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Flames this season, collecting an assist and a -10 rating. He has 94 NHL games under his belt and has been in the Flames organization since 2011-12.
- The San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson to their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks. The 23-year-old played in four games in 2012-13 but hasn’t played with the big club yet this season.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)