Jan 19, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning capped an up-and-down weekend with a 5-3 win against the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday.
It’s been an interesting couple days for the Bolts, as their three big snubbed players made headlines. Victor Hedman suffered a lower-body injury that luckily doesn’t seem too severe and Martin St. Louis saw his four-goal game squandered in a loss, yet things were better today, as Ben Bishop was fantastic in making 48 out of 51 saves.
That stood in especially stark contrast with the Hurricanes’ play in net, as it was a rough day for Justin Peters.
The 27-year-old barely lasted more than 15 minutes of game time on Sunday, allowing three goals on seven shots before being pulled in favor of Anton Khudobin. The goal was likely to give Khudobin a little breather with Cam Ward on the shelf, as this was Peters’ first start since Jan. 19.
(Technically, Khudobin ended up taking the loss.)
The Lightning improved to 29-16-5 with the win, as their start to 2014 continues to be up-and-down (they’re 5-4-1 since Jan. 1). The Hurricanes have now lost three of their last four contests, falling to 20-19-9 overall.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)