Jan 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The Flyers haven’t been able to count on defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon this season due to his problems with post-concussion syndrome. After months of being unable to do much of anything, Bourdon has been cleared for contact.
Tim Riday of CSNPhilly.com shares that Bourdon will begin a conditioning stint with the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL and he’s eager to put his concussion troubles behind him.
“My brain was OK. It’s been a long time that my brain is fine. I don’t know how long, but everything that was left was related to peripheral stuff and that’s why it took so long.”
Bourdon spent last season in the AHL playing 17 games before getting hurt. Two seasons ago he made his NHL debut with the Flyers playing in 45 games. He’s still young and now that his troubles are seemingly behind him, the Flyers will have a bit more depth on the blue line.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 1
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)