Jan 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The Flyers haven’t been able to count on defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon this season due to his problems with post-concussion syndrome. After months of being unable to do much of anything, Bourdon has been cleared for contact.
Tim Riday of CSNPhilly.com shares that Bourdon will begin a conditioning stint with the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL and he’s eager to put his concussion troubles behind him.
“My brain was OK. It’s been a long time that my brain is fine. I don’t know how long, but everything that was left was related to peripheral stuff and that’s why it took so long.”
Bourdon spent last season in the AHL playing 17 games before getting hurt. Two seasons ago he made his NHL debut with the Flyers playing in 45 games. He’s still young and now that his troubles are seemingly behind him, the Flyers will have a bit more depth on the blue line.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)