Jan 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The Flyers haven’t been able to count on defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon this season due to his problems with post-concussion syndrome. After months of being unable to do much of anything, Bourdon has been cleared for contact.
Tim Riday of CSNPhilly.com shares that Bourdon will begin a conditioning stint with the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL and he’s eager to put his concussion troubles behind him.
“My brain was OK. It’s been a long time that my brain is fine. I don’t know how long, but everything that was left was related to peripheral stuff and that’s why it took so long.”
Bourdon spent last season in the AHL playing 17 games before getting hurt. Two seasons ago he made his NHL debut with the Flyers playing in 45 games. He’s still young and now that his troubles are seemingly behind him, the Flyers will have a bit more depth on the blue line.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)