Jan 19, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Crosby, who scored the gold medal-winning goal for Canada against the United States at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, is the best player on Canada’s roster and as well as captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The bigger news here would’ve been if he wasn’t named to lead the team.
Joining Crosby as leaders will be Team Canada’s alternate captains — Chicago’s Jonathan Toews and Nashville’s Shea Weber. Both players are captains of their NHL teams as well giving Canada numerous character guys to take charge.
If the Olympics were based on the number of captains on a roster, Canada would be a heavy favorite there as well.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 0
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 11
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)