Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
It wasn’t long ago that the question wasn’t when Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay would return in 2013-14, it was if he would be able to at all.
Tanguay suffered a hip injury during his recovery from a knee problem and faced the possibility of season-ending surgery as a result.
“There were only two scenarios: I was going to be able to play with it or I was going to have surgery,” Tanguay told the Denver Post.
It now looks like the first scenario is the more probable for the two. Tanguay has been feeling better and now has a target date in mind, although he’s not ready to share it with the world.
The 34-year-old is in his second stint with the Avalanche. He got off to a great start this season with three goals, nine points, and a plus-eight rating in 13 games, but hasn’t played since Nov. 2.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)