Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM EST
It wasn’t long ago that the question wasn’t when Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay would return in 2013-14, it was if he would be able to at all.
Tanguay suffered a hip injury during his recovery from a knee problem and faced the possibility of season-ending surgery as a result.
“There were only two scenarios: I was going to be able to play with it or I was going to have surgery,” Tanguay told the Denver Post.
It now looks like the first scenario is the more probable for the two. Tanguay has been feeling better and now has a target date in mind, although he’s not ready to share it with the world.
The 34-year-old is in his second stint with the Avalanche. He got off to a great start this season with three goals, nine points, and a plus-eight rating in 13 games, but hasn’t played since Nov. 2.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)