Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM EST
It wasn’t long ago that the question wasn’t when Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay would return in 2013-14, it was if he would be able to at all.
Tanguay suffered a hip injury during his recovery from a knee problem and faced the possibility of season-ending surgery as a result.
“There were only two scenarios: I was going to be able to play with it or I was going to have surgery,” Tanguay told the Denver Post.
It now looks like the first scenario is the more probable for the two. Tanguay has been feeling better and now has a target date in mind, although he’s not ready to share it with the world.
The 34-year-old is in his second stint with the Avalanche. He got off to a great start this season with three goals, nine points, and a plus-eight rating in 13 games, but hasn’t played since Nov. 2.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)