Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
It wasn’t long ago that the question wasn’t when Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay would return in 2013-14, it was if he would be able to at all.
Tanguay suffered a hip injury during his recovery from a knee problem and faced the possibility of season-ending surgery as a result.
“There were only two scenarios: I was going to be able to play with it or I was going to have surgery,” Tanguay told the Denver Post.
It now looks like the first scenario is the more probable for the two. Tanguay has been feeling better and now has a target date in mind, although he’s not ready to share it with the world.
The 34-year-old is in his second stint with the Avalanche. He got off to a great start this season with three goals, nine points, and a plus-eight rating in 13 games, but hasn’t played since Nov. 2.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)