Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
It wasn’t long ago that the question wasn’t when Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay would return in 2013-14, it was if he would be able to at all.
Tanguay suffered a hip injury during his recovery from a knee problem and faced the possibility of season-ending surgery as a result.
“There were only two scenarios: I was going to be able to play with it or I was going to have surgery,” Tanguay told the Denver Post.
It now looks like the first scenario is the more probable for the two. Tanguay has been feeling better and now has a target date in mind, although he’s not ready to share it with the world.
The 34-year-old is in his second stint with the Avalanche. He got off to a great start this season with three goals, nine points, and a plus-eight rating in 13 games, but hasn’t played since Nov. 2.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)