Jan 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins had a productive day off with several of their injured players returning to practice, including defenseman Paul Martin.
Martin has been out for nearly two months with a broken tibia, but he might return as soon as Monday.
“I want to get a couple practices under my belt and see how it feels after tomorrow and probably go from there,” Martin added, according to the Penguins’ website.
In addition to Martin, Chuck Kobasew (lower body) and Jayson Megna (lower body) practiced with Pittsburgh for the first time since suffering their respective injuries. To make things more interesting, Megna was put on the top line with Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz.
“(Megna)’s coming back from being out a while,” coach Dan Bylsma said. “So for your first day back, to be on the right wing with Sidney Crosby, we may see other people be there as well. But he adds that speed and can add that.”
Pittsburgh will play against Florida on Monday.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)