Jan 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins had a productive day off with several of their injured players returning to practice, including defenseman Paul Martin.
Martin has been out for nearly two months with a broken tibia, but he might return as soon as Monday.
“I want to get a couple practices under my belt and see how it feels after tomorrow and probably go from there,” Martin added, according to the Penguins’ website.
In addition to Martin, Chuck Kobasew (lower body) and Jayson Megna (lower body) practiced with Pittsburgh for the first time since suffering their respective injuries. To make things more interesting, Megna was put on the top line with Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz.
“(Megna)’s coming back from being out a while,” coach Dan Bylsma said. “So for your first day back, to be on the right wing with Sidney Crosby, we may see other people be there as well. But he adds that speed and can add that.”
Pittsburgh will play against Florida on Monday.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11