Jan 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins had a productive day off with several of their injured players returning to practice, including defenseman Paul Martin.
Martin has been out for nearly two months with a broken tibia, but he might return as soon as Monday.
“I want to get a couple practices under my belt and see how it feels after tomorrow and probably go from there,” Martin added, according to the Penguins’ website.
In addition to Martin, Chuck Kobasew (lower body) and Jayson Megna (lower body) practiced with Pittsburgh for the first time since suffering their respective injuries. To make things more interesting, Megna was put on the top line with Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz.
“(Megna)’s coming back from being out a while,” coach Dan Bylsma said. “So for your first day back, to be on the right wing with Sidney Crosby, we may see other people be there as well. But he adds that speed and can add that.”
Pittsburgh will play against Florida on Monday.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)