Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres suffered a 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it would have been much worse if not for defenseman Tyler Myers.
The 6-foot-8 defenseman scored just 59 seconds into the contest to give Buffalo an early 1-0 lead and he forced the game into overtime by finding the back of the net again with just 25 seconds remaining in regulation time.
You can see his second marker of the night below:
Not a bad way to celebrate your 300th game in the NHL, especially given the struggles Myers has endured offensively since his 48-point rookie campaign.
Of course, he would have reached that milestone a little sooner if not for his recent three-game ban for his high hit on New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus. Despite that, Myers pledged not to change his game and remain aggressive.
He followed through on that tonight with this hit on James Wisniewski:
Myers got two minutes for boarding while Wisniewski was fortunately able to continue playing.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)