Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres suffered a 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it would have been much worse if not for defenseman Tyler Myers.
The 6-foot-8 defenseman scored just 59 seconds into the contest to give Buffalo an early 1-0 lead and he forced the game into overtime by finding the back of the net again with just 25 seconds remaining in regulation time.
You can see his second marker of the night below:
Not a bad way to celebrate your 300th game in the NHL, especially given the struggles Myers has endured offensively since his 48-point rookie campaign.
Of course, he would have reached that milestone a little sooner if not for his recent three-game ban for his high hit on New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus. Despite that, Myers pledged not to change his game and remain aggressive.
He followed through on that tonight with this hit on James Wisniewski:
Myers got two minutes for boarding while Wisniewski was fortunately able to continue playing.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 9
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)