Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres suffered a 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it would have been much worse if not for defenseman Tyler Myers.
The 6-foot-8 defenseman scored just 59 seconds into the contest to give Buffalo an early 1-0 lead and he forced the game into overtime by finding the back of the net again with just 25 seconds remaining in regulation time.
You can see his second marker of the night below:
Not a bad way to celebrate your 300th game in the NHL, especially given the struggles Myers has endured offensively since his 48-point rookie campaign.
Of course, he would have reached that milestone a little sooner if not for his recent three-game ban for his high hit on New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus. Despite that, Myers pledged not to change his game and remain aggressive.
He followed through on that tonight with this hit on James Wisniewski:
Myers got two minutes for boarding while Wisniewski was fortunately able to continue playing.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8