Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres suffered a 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it would have been much worse if not for defenseman Tyler Myers.
The 6-foot-8 defenseman scored just 59 seconds into the contest to give Buffalo an early 1-0 lead and he forced the game into overtime by finding the back of the net again with just 25 seconds remaining in regulation time.
You can see his second marker of the night below:
Not a bad way to celebrate your 300th game in the NHL, especially given the struggles Myers has endured offensively since his 48-point rookie campaign.
Of course, he would have reached that milestone a little sooner if not for his recent three-game ban for his high hit on New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus. Despite that, Myers pledged not to change his game and remain aggressive.
He followed through on that tonight with this hit on James Wisniewski:
Myers got two minutes for boarding while Wisniewski was fortunately able to continue playing.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 6
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 111
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17