Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres suffered a 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets, but it would have been much worse if not for defenseman Tyler Myers.
The 6-foot-8 defenseman scored just 59 seconds into the contest to give Buffalo an early 1-0 lead and he forced the game into overtime by finding the back of the net again with just 25 seconds remaining in regulation time.
You can see his second marker of the night below:
Not a bad way to celebrate your 300th game in the NHL, especially given the struggles Myers has endured offensively since his 48-point rookie campaign.
Of course, he would have reached that milestone a little sooner if not for his recent three-game ban for his high hit on New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus. Despite that, Myers pledged not to change his game and remain aggressive.
He followed through on that tonight with this hit on James Wisniewski:
Myers got two minutes for boarding while Wisniewski was fortunately able to continue playing.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)