Jan 18, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
The big Swede couldn’t put any weight on his right ankle as he was helped off the ice following a blocked shot. The Tampa Tribune’s Damian Cristodero reports that the 23-year-old was seen on crutches after the contest and won’t travel with Tampa Bay for Sunday’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Hedman continues to develop as a go-to defenseman in Tampa Bay, already matching a career high with 26 points in 42 games played along with averaging 22:11 minutes per game. He was the second pick of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft behind John Tavares.
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 0
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 0
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112