Jan 18, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
The big Swede couldn’t put any weight on his right ankle as he was helped off the ice following a blocked shot. The Tampa Tribune’s Damian Cristodero reports that the 23-year-old was seen on crutches after the contest and won’t travel with Tampa Bay for Sunday’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Hedman continues to develop as a go-to defenseman in Tampa Bay, already matching a career high with 26 points in 42 games played along with averaging 22:11 minutes per game. He was the second pick of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft behind John Tavares.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50