Jan 18, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
The big Swede couldn’t put any weight on his right ankle as he was helped off the ice following a blocked shot. The Tampa Tribune’s Damian Cristodero reports that the 23-year-old was seen on crutches after the contest and won’t travel with Tampa Bay for Sunday’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Hedman continues to develop as a go-to defenseman in Tampa Bay, already matching a career high with 26 points in 42 games played along with averaging 22:11 minutes per game. He was the second pick of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft behind John Tavares.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22