Jan 18, 2014, 6:57 PM EST
The big Swede couldn’t put any weight on his right ankle as he was helped off the ice following a blocked shot. The Tampa Tribune’s Damian Cristodero reports that the 23-year-old was seen on crutches after the contest and won’t travel with Tampa Bay for Sunday’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Hedman continues to develop as a go-to defenseman in Tampa Bay, already matching a career high with 26 points in 42 games played along with averaging 22:11 minutes per game. He was the second pick of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft behind John Tavares.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35