Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has traditionally been known as more of a playmaker, but this season he’s been doing it all.
Going into tonight’s contest against St. Louis, Getzlaf’s shooting percentage has skyrocketed to 19.7 in 2013-14 compared to his career average of 12.5%. He’s been a consistent scorer for Anaheim and kept that trend alive by netting the opening goal:
Getzlaf now has 25 goals this season to tie his career-high, but of course he’s likely to comfortably surpass it given that Anaheim still has 31 games left in its schedule beyond tonight. He also might challenge his personal best of 91 points.
Anaheim has cruising been despite its recent setback against Chicago, and Getzlaf has played a prominent role in that. He’s recorded at least a point in seven straight games and hasn’t been held off the scoresheet in three consecutive contests this season.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)