Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has traditionally been known as more of a playmaker, but this season he’s been doing it all.
Going into tonight’s contest against St. Louis, Getzlaf’s shooting percentage has skyrocketed to 19.7 in 2013-14 compared to his career average of 12.5%. He’s been a consistent scorer for Anaheim and kept that trend alive by netting the opening goal:
Getzlaf now has 25 goals this season to tie his career-high, but of course he’s likely to comfortably surpass it given that Anaheim still has 31 games left in its schedule beyond tonight. He also might challenge his personal best of 91 points.
Anaheim has cruising been despite its recent setback against Chicago, and Getzlaf has played a prominent role in that. He’s recorded at least a point in seven straight games and hasn’t been held off the scoresheet in three consecutive contests this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5