Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has traditionally been known as more of a playmaker, but this season he’s been doing it all.
Going into tonight’s contest against St. Louis, Getzlaf’s shooting percentage has skyrocketed to 19.7 in 2013-14 compared to his career average of 12.5%. He’s been a consistent scorer for Anaheim and kept that trend alive by netting the opening goal:
Getzlaf now has 25 goals this season to tie his career-high, but of course he’s likely to comfortably surpass it given that Anaheim still has 31 games left in its schedule beyond tonight. He also might challenge his personal best of 91 points.
Anaheim has cruising been despite its recent setback against Chicago, and Getzlaf has played a prominent role in that. He’s recorded at least a point in seven straight games and hasn’t been held off the scoresheet in three consecutive contests this season.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)