Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has traditionally been known as more of a playmaker, but this season he’s been doing it all.
Going into tonight’s contest against St. Louis, Getzlaf’s shooting percentage has skyrocketed to 19.7 in 2013-14 compared to his career average of 12.5%. He’s been a consistent scorer for Anaheim and kept that trend alive by netting the opening goal:
Getzlaf now has 25 goals this season to tie his career-high, but of course he’s likely to comfortably surpass it given that Anaheim still has 31 games left in its schedule beyond tonight. He also might challenge his personal best of 91 points.
Anaheim has cruising been despite its recent setback against Chicago, and Getzlaf has played a prominent role in that. He’s recorded at least a point in seven straight games and hasn’t been held off the scoresheet in three consecutive contests this season.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)