Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has traditionally been known as more of a playmaker, but this season he’s been doing it all.
Going into tonight’s contest against St. Louis, Getzlaf’s shooting percentage has skyrocketed to 19.7 in 2013-14 compared to his career average of 12.5%. He’s been a consistent scorer for Anaheim and kept that trend alive by netting the opening goal:
Getzlaf now has 25 goals this season to tie his career-high, but of course he’s likely to comfortably surpass it given that Anaheim still has 31 games left in its schedule beyond tonight. He also might challenge his personal best of 91 points.
Anaheim has cruising been despite its recent setback against Chicago, and Getzlaf has played a prominent role in that. He’s recorded at least a point in seven straight games and hasn’t been held off the scoresheet in three consecutive contests this season.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)