Jan 18, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
The Anaheim Ducks spent Friday night chasing the Chicago Blackhawks.
They fell behind by two goals in the first period, then three goals midway through the third period on route to a 4-2 loss in a battle of the top teams in the Western Conference.
True, the Ducks made it interesting with two quick goals in the third, cutting Chicago’s lead to one. But they didn’t have their best game, getting outshot 35-21.
“We expected them to come out the way they did and we just didn’t respond well. We looked tired,” said Ryan Getzlaf, as per Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
“Every time we got the puck, we’re standing still and we weren’t moving. They’re a good skating hockey team and we didn’t skate,” he added.
The loss ended Jonas Hiller‘s individual winning streak at 14 games. The last he recorded a loss – be it in regulation, overtime or the shootout – was Dec. 3 against the L.A. Kings.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)