Jan 18, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin isn’t the only game-time decision for the Vancouver Canucks’ Saturday contest against the Calgary Flames, as Roberto Luongo is also a tossup as he continues to deal with an ankle injury, the Vancouver Sun reports.
“I think right now it’s a game-time decision,” Luongo said. “Obviously I’m getting close and we’ll make that decision as the day moves along here. Ankles are a bit tricky so we’ll just leave it at that.”
Luongo, 34, has been out of action since Jan. 4 (and that was his first game back from an injury that sidelined him since Dec. 22). Vancouver has struggled mightily lately, so the Canucks could use Luongo’s stability.
“I’m very excited, it’s nice to be back,” Burrow said. “It’s been a long time and I’m looking forward to getting back in there and help the guys to win some games. I’m sure the intensity and energy will be there so I think it’s timing you worry about the most.”
Kellan Lain will make his NHL debut tonight, as well, so there are quite a few Canucks to watch in this game, even if Sedin and Luongo can’t go.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)