Jan 18, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin isn’t the only game-time decision for the Vancouver Canucks’ Saturday contest against the Calgary Flames, as Roberto Luongo is also a tossup as he continues to deal with an ankle injury, the Vancouver Sun reports.
“I think right now it’s a game-time decision,” Luongo said. “Obviously I’m getting close and we’ll make that decision as the day moves along here. Ankles are a bit tricky so we’ll just leave it at that.”
Luongo, 34, has been out of action since Jan. 4 (and that was his first game back from an injury that sidelined him since Dec. 22). Vancouver has struggled mightily lately, so the Canucks could use Luongo’s stability.
“I’m very excited, it’s nice to be back,” Burrow said. “It’s been a long time and I’m looking forward to getting back in there and help the guys to win some games. I’m sure the intensity and energy will be there so I think it’s timing you worry about the most.”
Kellan Lain will make his NHL debut tonight, as well, so there are quite a few Canucks to watch in this game, even if Sedin and Luongo can’t go.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12