Jan 18, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin isn’t the only game-time decision for the Vancouver Canucks’ Saturday contest against the Calgary Flames, as Roberto Luongo is also a tossup as he continues to deal with an ankle injury, the Vancouver Sun reports.
“I think right now it’s a game-time decision,” Luongo said. “Obviously I’m getting close and we’ll make that decision as the day moves along here. Ankles are a bit tricky so we’ll just leave it at that.”
Luongo, 34, has been out of action since Jan. 4 (and that was his first game back from an injury that sidelined him since Dec. 22). Vancouver has struggled mightily lately, so the Canucks could use Luongo’s stability.
“I’m very excited, it’s nice to be back,” Burrow said. “It’s been a long time and I’m looking forward to getting back in there and help the guys to win some games. I’m sure the intensity and energy will be there so I think it’s timing you worry about the most.”
Kellan Lain will make his NHL debut tonight, as well, so there are quite a few Canucks to watch in this game, even if Sedin and Luongo can’t go.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (85)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (38)