Jan 18, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin isn’t the only game-time decision for the Vancouver Canucks’ Saturday contest against the Calgary Flames, as Roberto Luongo is also a tossup as he continues to deal with an ankle injury, the Vancouver Sun reports.
“I think right now it’s a game-time decision,” Luongo said. “Obviously I’m getting close and we’ll make that decision as the day moves along here. Ankles are a bit tricky so we’ll just leave it at that.”
Luongo, 34, has been out of action since Jan. 4 (and that was his first game back from an injury that sidelined him since Dec. 22). Vancouver has struggled mightily lately, so the Canucks could use Luongo’s stability.
“I’m very excited, it’s nice to be back,” Burrow said. “It’s been a long time and I’m looking forward to getting back in there and help the guys to win some games. I’m sure the intensity and energy will be there so I think it’s timing you worry about the most.”
Kellan Lain will make his NHL debut tonight, as well, so there are quite a few Canucks to watch in this game, even if Sedin and Luongo can’t go.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)