Jan 18, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Henrik Sedin isn’t the only game-time decision for the Vancouver Canucks’ Saturday contest against the Calgary Flames, as Roberto Luongo is also a tossup as he continues to deal with an ankle injury, the Vancouver Sun reports.
“I think right now it’s a game-time decision,” Luongo said. “Obviously I’m getting close and we’ll make that decision as the day moves along here. Ankles are a bit tricky so we’ll just leave it at that.”
Luongo, 34, has been out of action since Jan. 4 (and that was his first game back from an injury that sidelined him since Dec. 22). Vancouver has struggled mightily lately, so the Canucks could use Luongo’s stability.
“I’m very excited, it’s nice to be back,” Burrow said. “It’s been a long time and I’m looking forward to getting back in there and help the guys to win some games. I’m sure the intensity and energy will be there so I think it’s timing you worry about the most.”
Kellan Lain will make his NHL debut tonight, as well, so there are quite a few Canucks to watch in this game, even if Sedin and Luongo can’t go.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)