Jan 18, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins would be lying if they denied that the 2013 Stanley Cup Final still stings, yet they also insist that there’s a lot of mutual respect between themselves and the Chicago Blackhawks. The two teams will face off for the first time this season on NBC Sunday, so those memories are bubbling back up.
… Which means those famous 17 seconds in which the Blackhawks locked up the series-clinching Game 6 will be hard to forget.
Even so, both Lucic and head coach Claude Julien spoke about the general lack of animosity for two teams that were in a well-played, high-profile playoff series. Patrick Kane relayed a similar story to Lazerus.
“A lot of them are respectful and come up and just say hi to you,” Kane said.
Despite those warm and fuzzy feelings, the Bruins probably want to win badly, even if it won’t erase the memory of that championship round defeat.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)