Jan 17, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Oh, the quick release of a wrist shot.
That certainly helped Marian Hossa open the scoring for the Chicago Blackhawks against the Anaheim Ducks in a meeting of Western Conference powerhouses Friday.
With the Blackhawks short-handed, Hossa cut in off the right wing and released a wicked wrist shot that beat Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller. It was Hossa’s 18th goal of the season.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22