Jan 17, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Oh, the quick release of a wrist shot.
That certainly helped Marian Hossa open the scoring for the Chicago Blackhawks against the Anaheim Ducks in a meeting of Western Conference powerhouses Friday.
With the Blackhawks short-handed, Hossa cut in off the right wing and released a wicked wrist shot that beat Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller. It was Hossa’s 18th goal of the season.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12