Jan 17, 2014, 1:18 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal‘s stick work left a trio of Vancouver Canucks’ players in pain and injured in the third period of Thursday’s game.
The struggling Canucks lost 1-0, but had three players – Mike Santorelli, Henrik Sedin and finally David Booth – hurting after three separate incidents. According to Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun, Santorelli was seen afterward with his right arm in a sling.
Hanzal received a double-minor for high sticking when he caught Booth with a cross check up high in the face late in the third period. Booth was sent to the ice and was shaken up on the play.
Could Hanzal now face the league’s Department of Player Safety and possible supplemental discipline? There was the suggestion that he could.
Mr. Hanzal, there's a Mr. Shanahan calling for you on Line 1.—
Ken Campbell (@THNKenCampbell) January 17, 2014
This YouTube video is courtesy @TheStanchion
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)