Jan 17, 2014, 1:18 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal‘s stick work left a trio of Vancouver Canucks’ players in pain and injured in the third period of Thursday’s game.
The struggling Canucks lost 1-0, but had three players – Mike Santorelli, Henrik Sedin and finally David Booth – hurting after three separate incidents. According to Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun, Santorelli was seen afterward with his right arm in a sling.
Hanzal received a double-minor for high sticking when he caught Booth with a cross check up high in the face late in the third period. Booth was sent to the ice and was shaken up on the play.
Could Hanzal now face the league’s Department of Player Safety and possible supplemental discipline? There was the suggestion that he could.
This YouTube video is courtesy @TheStanchion
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)