Jan 17, 2014, 1:18 AM EST
Martin Hanzal‘s stick work left a trio of Vancouver Canucks’ players in pain and injured in the third period of Thursday’s game.
The struggling Canucks lost 1-0, but had three players – Mike Santorelli, Henrik Sedin and finally David Booth – hurting after three separate incidents. According to Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun, Santorelli was seen afterward with his right arm in a sling.
Hanzal received a double-minor for high sticking when he caught Booth with a cross check up high in the face late in the third period. Booth was sent to the ice and was shaken up on the play.
Could Hanzal now face the league’s Department of Player Safety and possible supplemental discipline? There was the suggestion that he could.
This YouTube video is courtesy @TheStanchion
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 47
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 42
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)