Jan 17, 2014, 1:18 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal‘s stick work left a trio of Vancouver Canucks’ players in pain and injured in the third period of Thursday’s game.
The struggling Canucks lost 1-0, but had three players – Mike Santorelli, Henrik Sedin and finally David Booth – hurting after three separate incidents. According to Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun, Santorelli was seen afterward with his right arm in a sling.
Hanzal received a double-minor for high sticking when he caught Booth with a cross check up high in the face late in the third period. Booth was sent to the ice and was shaken up on the play.
Could Hanzal now face the league’s Department of Player Safety and possible supplemental discipline? There was the suggestion that he could.
This YouTube video is courtesy @TheStanchion
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38