Jan 17, 2014, 1:18 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal‘s stick work left a trio of Vancouver Canucks’ players in pain and injured in the third period of Thursday’s game.
The struggling Canucks lost 1-0, but had three players – Mike Santorelli, Henrik Sedin and finally David Booth – hurting after three separate incidents. According to Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun, Santorelli was seen afterward with his right arm in a sling.
Hanzal received a double-minor for high sticking when he caught Booth with a cross check up high in the face late in the third period. Booth was sent to the ice and was shaken up on the play.
Could Hanzal now face the league’s Department of Player Safety and possible supplemental discipline? There was the suggestion that he could.
Mr. Hanzal, there's a Mr. Shanahan calling for you on Line 1.—
Ken Campbell (@THNKenCampbell) January 17, 2014
This YouTube video is courtesy @TheStanchion
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9