Jan 17, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
A couple of morning transactions to pass along…
— The St. Louis Blues have sent forward Dmitrij Jaskin back to AHL Chicago. Jaskin, 20, has played in six games this year for the Blues, including over 10 minutes in Thursday night’s loss to L.A., and has one goal and four penalty minutes.
His demotion could pave the way for injured forward Alex Steen to return to game action. Steen, St. Louis’ leading goalscorer this season, has been out of action since Dec. 21 with a concussion.
— Montreal has brought up defenseman Nathan Beaulieu and center Joonas Nattinen from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Friday.
Beaulieu has been up and down a couple times this season and has appeared in five games for Montreal, recording an assist with a plus-2 rating. Nattinen, who could make his NHL debut with this recall, was the Habs’ third-round pick (65th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The moves come just hours after Montreal beat Ottawa 5-4 in a wild overtime game, one that saw the Sens outshoot the Habs 44-23.
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 3
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)