Jan 17, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
A couple of morning transactions to pass along…
— The St. Louis Blues have sent forward Dmitrij Jaskin back to AHL Chicago. Jaskin, 20, has played in six games this year for the Blues, including over 10 minutes in Thursday night’s loss to L.A., and has one goal and four penalty minutes.
His demotion could pave the way for injured forward Alex Steen to return to game action. Steen, St. Louis’ leading goalscorer this season, has been out of action since Dec. 21 with a concussion.
— Montreal has brought up defenseman Nathan Beaulieu and center Joonas Nattinen from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Friday.
Beaulieu has been up and down a couple times this season and has appeared in five games for Montreal, recording an assist with a plus-2 rating. Nattinen, who could make his NHL debut with this recall, was the Habs’ third-round pick (65th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The moves come just hours after Montreal beat Ottawa 5-4 in a wild overtime game, one that saw the Sens outshoot the Habs 44-23.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)