Jan 17, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
A couple of morning transactions to pass along…
– The St. Louis Blues have sent forward Dmitrij Jaskin back to AHL Chicago. Jaskin, 20, has played in six games this year for the Blues, including over 10 minutes in Thursday night’s loss to L.A., and has one goal and four penalty minutes.
His demotion could pave the way for injured forward Alex Steen to return to game action. Steen, St. Louis’ leading goalscorer this season, has been out of action since Dec. 21 with a concussion.
– Montreal has brought up defenseman Nathan Beaulieu and center Joonas Nattinen from AHL Hamilton, the club announced on Friday.
Beaulieu has been up and down a couple times this season and has appeared in five games for Montreal, recording an assist with a plus-2 rating. Nattinen, who could make his NHL debut with this recall, was the Habs’ third-round pick (65th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The moves come just hours after Montreal beat Ottawa 5-4 in a wild overtime game, one that saw the Sens outshoot the Habs 44-23.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)