Jan 17, 2014, 11:21 AM EST
Two days after adding goalie Ben Scrivens and forward Matt Hendricks in separate trades, the Edmonton Oilers have acquired forwards Steve Pinizzotto and Jack Combs from the Florida Panthers in exchange for forwards Ryan Martindale and Derek Nesbitt.
Of the four AHLers, only Pinizzotto has NHL experience, having played 12 games for the Canucks last season. (We wrote about the gritty 29-year-old here, when he signed with the Panthers in August.)
Martindale is presumably the piece the Panthers coveted most. Still young, Martindale, 22, was drafted 61st overall in 2010.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11