Jan 17, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Two days after adding goalie Ben Scrivens and forward Matt Hendricks in separate trades, the Edmonton Oilers have acquired forwards Steve Pinizzotto and Jack Combs from the Florida Panthers in exchange for forwards Ryan Martindale and Derek Nesbitt.
Of the four AHLers, only Pinizzotto has NHL experience, having played 12 games for the Canucks last season. (We wrote about the gritty 29-year-old here, when he signed with the Panthers in August.)
Martindale is presumably the piece the Panthers coveted most. Still young, Martindale, 22, was drafted 61st overall in 2010.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1