Jan 17, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Here’s the hit in question. Muzzin was given a two-minute roughing minor on the play:
Sobotka and Muzzin re-engaged with each other later late in the contest, and both were dinged with roughing minors with six seconds left. Blues forward Chris Stewart was given a misconduct and slashing minor for going after Muzzin in the fracas.
While the hit didn’t injure Sobotka and he missed no time, several scribes thought the hit could warrant a look from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Looked pretty much like an elbow to Sobotka’s face by Muzzin, unless those 3 replays I saw were hiding something #stlblues
— Norm Sanders (@NormSanders) January 17, 2014
Muzzin left his feet and principal point of contact was the head. #stlblues
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) January 17, 2014
— MayorsManor.com (@MayorsManor) January 17, 2014
Worth noting the Kings don’t play again until Saturday versus Detroit, so the Department of Player Safety could still schedule a hearing for Muzzin.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54