Jan 17, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Here’s the hit in question. Muzzin was given a two-minute roughing minor on the play:
Sobotka and Muzzin re-engaged with each other later late in the contest, and both were dinged with roughing minors with six seconds left. Blues forward Chris Stewart was given a misconduct and slashing minor for going after Muzzin in the fracas.
While the hit didn’t injure Sobotka and he missed no time, several scribes thought the hit could warrant a look from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Looked pretty much like an elbow to Sobotka’s face by Muzzin, unless those 3 replays I saw were hiding something #stlblues
— Norm Sanders (@NormSanders) January 17, 2014
Muzzin left his feet and principal point of contact was the head. #stlblues
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) January 17, 2014
— MayorsManor.com (@MayorsManor) January 17, 2014
Worth noting the Kings don’t play again until Saturday versus Detroit, so the Department of Player Safety could still schedule a hearing for Muzzin.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22