Jan 17, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Here’s the hit in question. Muzzin was given a two-minute roughing minor on the play:
Sobotka and Muzzin re-engaged with each other later late in the contest, and both were dinged with roughing minors with six seconds left. Blues forward Chris Stewart was given a misconduct and slashing minor for going after Muzzin in the fracas.
While the hit didn’t injure Sobotka and he missed no time, several scribes thought the hit could warrant a look from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Looked pretty much like an elbow to Sobotka’s face by Muzzin, unless those 3 replays I saw were hiding something #stlblues
— Norm Sanders (@NormSanders) January 17, 2014
Muzzin left his feet and principal point of contact was the head. #stlblues
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) January 17, 2014
— MayorsManor.com (@MayorsManor) January 17, 2014
Worth noting the Kings don’t play again until Saturday versus Detroit, so the Department of Player Safety could still schedule a hearing for Muzzin.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54