Jan 17, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Here’s the hit in question. Muzzin was given a two-minute roughing minor on the play:
Sobotka and Muzzin re-engaged with each other later late in the contest, and both were dinged with roughing minors with six seconds left. Blues forward Chris Stewart was given a misconduct and slashing minor for going after Muzzin in the fracas.
While the hit didn’t injure Sobotka and he missed no time, several scribes thought the hit could warrant a look from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Looked pretty much like an elbow to Sobotka’s face by Muzzin, unless those 3 replays I saw were hiding something #stlblues
— Norm Sanders (@NormSanders) January 17, 2014
Muzzin left his feet and principal point of contact was the head. #stlblues
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) January 17, 2014
— MayorsManor.com (@MayorsManor) January 17, 2014
Worth noting the Kings don’t play again until Saturday versus Detroit, so the Department of Player Safety could still schedule a hearing for Muzzin.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6