Jan 17, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Here’s the hit in question. Muzzin was given a two-minute roughing minor on the play:
Sobotka and Muzzin re-engaged with each other later late in the contest, and both were dinged with roughing minors with six seconds left. Blues forward Chris Stewart was given a misconduct and slashing minor for going after Muzzin in the fracas.
While the hit didn’t injure Sobotka and he missed no time, several scribes thought the hit could warrant a look from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
Looked pretty much like an elbow to Sobotka’s face by Muzzin, unless those 3 replays I saw were hiding something #stlblues
— Norm Sanders (@NormSanders) January 17, 2014
Muzzin left his feet and principal point of contact was the head. #stlblues
— Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) January 17, 2014
— MayorsManor.com (@MayorsManor) January 17, 2014
Worth noting the Kings don’t play again until Saturday versus Detroit, so the Department of Player Safety could still schedule a hearing for Muzzin.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11