Jan 17, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get forward Marcus Foligno back in the lineup Saturday, when they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Foligno, who has five goals and 11 points in 41 regular season games, missed Wednesday’s game against Toronto due to injury but was back at practice on Friday.
“[It was] a reoccurring injury that just kind of got pinched in the game against Philly and it’s all better now,” he said, as per the Sabres’ website.
“The trainers looked after me and it’s something where you just needed to rest it and I’m looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow.”
There was also more good news on the injury front for Buffalo. Henrik Tallinder, out the last six games with an upper-body injury, and Kevin Porter, out since Dec. 23 with a lower-body injury, both skated with the team on Friday, according to the Sabres.
Their returns will have to wait, however. According to the Sabres, both players, who are on injured reserve with Cody McCormick, aren’t expected back this weekend.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 3
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 67
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)