Jan 17, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get forward Marcus Foligno back in the lineup Saturday, when they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Foligno, who has five goals and 11 points in 41 regular season games, missed Wednesday’s game against Toronto due to injury but was back at practice on Friday.
“[It was] a reoccurring injury that just kind of got pinched in the game against Philly and it’s all better now,” he said, as per the Sabres’ website.
“The trainers looked after me and it’s something where you just needed to rest it and I’m looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow.”
There was also more good news on the injury front for Buffalo. Henrik Tallinder, out the last six games with an upper-body injury, and Kevin Porter, out since Dec. 23 with a lower-body injury, both skated with the team on Friday, according to the Sabres.
Their returns will have to wait, however. According to the Sabres, both players, who are on injured reserve with Cody McCormick, aren’t expected back this weekend.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)