Jan 17, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get forward Marcus Foligno back in the lineup Saturday, when they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Foligno, who has five goals and 11 points in 41 regular season games, missed Wednesday’s game against Toronto due to injury but was back at practice on Friday.
“[It was] a reoccurring injury that just kind of got pinched in the game against Philly and it’s all better now,” he said, as per the Sabres’ website.
“The trainers looked after me and it’s something where you just needed to rest it and I’m looking forward to getting back at it tomorrow.”
There was also more good news on the injury front for Buffalo. Henrik Tallinder, out the last six games with an upper-body injury, and Kevin Porter, out since Dec. 23 with a lower-body injury, both skated with the team on Friday, according to the Sabres.
Their returns will have to wait, however. According to the Sabres, both players, who are on injured reserve with Cody McCormick, aren’t expected back this weekend.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)