Jan 17, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
From TSN’s Mark Masters:
The Nazem Kadri trade chatter grew louder yesterday when Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis went on TSN 1050 radio and said he’d be “willing” to deal the 23-year-old center.
Granted, Nonis also said he wasn’t “trying” to trade Kadri. And it should be noted that Nonis has always maintained that anyone can be traded, as long as the price is right.
“I’ve always felt the word ‘untouchable’ is really ridiculous. At some point, there’s a deal that would make sense for everyone,” Nonis said a few years back.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)