Jan 17, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
From TSN’s Mark Masters:
Kadri on possibility of being traded: "It’d be terrible. I don’t see it happening & I don’t want it to happen."—
Mark Masters (@markhmasters) January 17, 2014
The Nazem Kadri trade chatter grew louder yesterday when Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis went on TSN 1050 radio and said he’d be “willing” to deal the 23-year-old center.
Granted, Nonis also said he wasn’t “trying” to trade Kadri. And it should be noted that Nonis has always maintained that anyone can be traded, as long as the price is right.
“I’ve always felt the word ‘untouchable’ is really ridiculous. At some point, there’s a deal that would make sense for everyone,” Nonis said a few years back.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7