Jan 17, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Hiller back for Ducks
Hiller, looking for his 15th consecutive victory, sat out the Ducks’ last game — a 9-1 whitewashing of Vancouver — and has given up three goals or fewer in 16 straight games. He’s been one of the NHL’s best netminders over the last six weeks, named the NHL’s second star for December and second star of the week last week.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the Blackhawks’ goal.
Bobrovsky looks for fourth straight win
Sergei Bobrovsky has been on fire since returning from injury, and he’ll look to continue that tonight against Washington.
Bobrovsky, riding a three-game winning streak, has posted a 1.62 GAA and .953 save percentage since missing a month with a groin ailment, sparking Columbus to within just a few points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 0
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 23
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 39
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 152
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)