Jan 17, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Hiller back for Ducks
Hiller, looking for his 15th consecutive victory, sat out the Ducks’ last game — a 9-1 whitewashing of Vancouver — and has given up three goals or fewer in 16 straight games. He’s been one of the NHL’s best netminders over the last six weeks, named the NHL’s second star for December and second star of the week last week.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the Blackhawks’ goal.
Bobrovsky looks for fourth straight win
Sergei Bobrovsky has been on fire since returning from injury, and he’ll look to continue that tonight against Washington.
Bobrovsky, riding a three-game winning streak, has posted a 1.62 GAA and .953 save percentage since missing a month with a groin ailment, sparking Columbus to within just a few points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 0
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)