Jan 17, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Hiller back for Ducks
Hiller, looking for his 15th consecutive victory, sat out the Ducks’ last game — a 9-1 whitewashing of Vancouver — and has given up three goals or fewer in 16 straight games. He’s been one of the NHL’s best netminders over the last six weeks, named the NHL’s second star for December and second star of the week last week.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the Blackhawks’ goal.
Bobrovsky looks for fourth straight win
Sergei Bobrovsky has been on fire since returning from injury, and he’ll look to continue that tonight against Washington.
Bobrovsky, riding a three-game winning streak, has posted a 1.62 GAA and .953 save percentage since missing a month with a groin ailment, sparking Columbus to within just a few points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)