Jan 17, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Hiller back for Ducks
Hiller, looking for his 15th consecutive victory, sat out the Ducks’ last game — a 9-1 whitewashing of Vancouver — and has given up three goals or fewer in 16 straight games. He’s been one of the NHL’s best netminders over the last six weeks, named the NHL’s second star for December and second star of the week last week.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the Blackhawks’ goal.
Bobrovsky looks for fourth straight win
Sergei Bobrovsky has been on fire since returning from injury, and he’ll look to continue that tonight against Washington.
Bobrovsky, riding a three-game winning streak, has posted a 1.62 GAA and .953 save percentage since missing a month with a groin ailment, sparking Columbus to within just a few points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)