Jan 17, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
There was a positive sight for the Sharks in Tampa Bay today, as forward Logan Couture skated for the first time since undergoing hand surgery nine days ago.
Here’s Couture talking about his return, and his pending return:
On Jan. 8, the Sharks confirmed Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
Couture, 24, has played in 43 of the Sharks’ 44 games this season. He’s scored 14 goals and 35 points.
He had been in the conversation to be named to Canada’s Olympic hockey team but was left off the roster, a decision that — according to the San Jose Mercury News — wasn’t based on his injury.
“It’s pretty, pretty disappointing to not make that team,” he said. “I thought I did everything I could to put myself up there. I mean, it’s Team Canada. It’s an impossible team to pick.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)