Jan 17, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
There was a positive sight for the Sharks in Tampa Bay today, as forward Logan Couture skated for the first time since undergoing hand surgery nine days ago.
Here’s Couture talking about his return, and his pending return:
On Jan. 8, the Sharks confirmed Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
Couture, 24, has played in 43 of the Sharks’ 44 games this season. He’s scored 14 goals and 35 points.
He had been in the conversation to be named to Canada’s Olympic hockey team but was left off the roster, a decision that — according to the San Jose Mercury News — wasn’t based on his injury.
“It’s pretty, pretty disappointing to not make that team,” he said. “I thought I did everything I could to put myself up there. I mean, it’s Team Canada. It’s an impossible team to pick.”
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10