Jan 17, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
There was a positive sight for the Sharks in Tampa Bay today, as forward Logan Couture skated for the first time since undergoing hand surgery nine days ago.
Here’s Couture talking about his return, and his pending return:
On Jan. 8, the Sharks confirmed Couture’s surgery was a success and that he’s expected to make a full recovery. His timetable for return is 3-4 weeks, meaning he’ll likely be out until the NHL’s Olympic break, which begins on Feb. 9.
Couture, 24, has played in 43 of the Sharks’ 44 games this season. He’s scored 14 goals and 35 points.
He had been in the conversation to be named to Canada’s Olympic hockey team but was left off the roster, a decision that — according to the San Jose Mercury News — wasn’t based on his injury.
“It’s pretty, pretty disappointing to not make that team,” he said. “I thought I did everything I could to put myself up there. I mean, it’s Team Canada. It’s an impossible team to pick.”
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 0
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 17
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 46
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)