Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Another bump in the road for Toronto’s big offseason signing, winger David Clarkson.
Per multiple reports, Clarkson has been placed on injured reserve, along with forward Frazer McLaren.
It’s not been reported what exactly is bothering Clarkson, though TSN’s Jonas Siegel notes he’d been dealing with an elbow issue.
It’s also not clear how long he’ll be out. At minimum, he’ll have to miss the Leafs’ next three games.
Clarkson has just three goals and five assists in 36 games. The 29-year-old missed the first 10 games of the season after being suspended for leaving the bench to join an altercation in the preseason. He was suspended again, for two games, in December.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15