Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Another bump in the road for Toronto’s big offseason signing, winger David Clarkson.
Per multiple reports, Clarkson has been placed on injured reserve, along with forward Frazer McLaren.
It’s not been reported what exactly is bothering Clarkson, though TSN’s Jonas Siegel notes he’d been dealing with an elbow issue.
It’s also not clear how long he’ll be out. At minimum, he’ll have to miss the Leafs’ next three games.
Clarkson has just three goals and five assists in 36 games. The 29-year-old missed the first 10 games of the season after being suspended for leaving the bench to join an altercation in the preseason. He was suspended again, for two games, in December.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)