Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Another bump in the road for Toronto’s big offseason signing, winger David Clarkson.
Per multiple reports, Clarkson has been placed on injured reserve, along with forward Frazer McLaren.
It’s not been reported what exactly is bothering Clarkson, though TSN’s Jonas Siegel notes he’d been dealing with an elbow issue.
It’s also not clear how long he’ll be out. At minimum, he’ll have to miss the Leafs’ next three games.
Clarkson has just three goals and five assists in 36 games. The 29-year-old missed the first 10 games of the season after being suspended for leaving the bench to join an altercation in the preseason. He was suspended again, for two games, in December.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 12
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39