Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Another bump in the road for Toronto’s big offseason signing, winger David Clarkson.
Per multiple reports, Clarkson has been placed on injured reserve, along with forward Frazer McLaren.
It’s not been reported what exactly is bothering Clarkson, though TSN’s Jonas Siegel notes he’d been dealing with an elbow issue.
It’s also not clear how long he’ll be out. At minimum, he’ll have to miss the Leafs’ next three games.
Clarkson has just three goals and five assists in 36 games. The 29-year-old missed the first 10 games of the season after being suspended for leaving the bench to join an altercation in the preseason. He was suspended again, for two games, in December.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 10
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)