Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Another bump in the road for Toronto’s big offseason signing, winger David Clarkson.
Per multiple reports, Clarkson has been placed on injured reserve, along with forward Frazer McLaren.
It’s not been reported what exactly is bothering Clarkson, though TSN’s Jonas Siegel notes he’d been dealing with an elbow issue.
It’s also not clear how long he’ll be out. At minimum, he’ll have to miss the Leafs’ next three games.
Clarkson has just three goals and five assists in 36 games. The 29-year-old missed the first 10 games of the season after being suspended for leaving the bench to join an altercation in the preseason. He was suspended again, for two games, in December.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)