Jan 17, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
In case you missed it, here’s the celebration:
Per the Ottawa Citizen, here’s what Anderson had to say about it:
“I think you hit the key word there — it was unnecessary.
“I didn’t see us, when we scored our overtime goal (in a 4-3 win on Jan. 4 in Montreal), we didn’t skate around throwing our jersey up in the air like that.
“It’s one of those things where it’s his character, that’s the way he is, we all know about it.
“But it should make us all angry here that we don’t want that to happen again so we’ve got to win the games.”
Anyway, this kind of thing comes up from time to time in the NHL (see: Nail Yakupov). At the end of the day, some people enjoy demonstrative celebrations, while others prefer a more reserved approach.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6