Jan 17, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
In case you missed it, here’s the celebration:
Per the Ottawa Citizen, here’s what Anderson had to say about it:
“I think you hit the key word there — it was unnecessary.
“I didn’t see us, when we scored our overtime goal (in a 4-3 win on Jan. 4 in Montreal), we didn’t skate around throwing our jersey up in the air like that.
“It’s one of those things where it’s his character, that’s the way he is, we all know about it.
“But it should make us all angry here that we don’t want that to happen again so we’ve got to win the games.”
Anyway, this kind of thing comes up from time to time in the NHL (see: Nail Yakupov). At the end of the day, some people enjoy demonstrative celebrations, while others prefer a more reserved approach.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)