Jan 17, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
In case you missed it, here’s the celebration:
Per the Ottawa Citizen, here’s what Anderson had to say about it:
“I think you hit the key word there — it was unnecessary.
“I didn’t see us, when we scored our overtime goal (in a 4-3 win on Jan. 4 in Montreal), we didn’t skate around throwing our jersey up in the air like that.
“It’s one of those things where it’s his character, that’s the way he is, we all know about it.
“But it should make us all angry here that we don’t want that to happen again so we’ve got to win the games.”
Anyway, this kind of thing comes up from time to time in the NHL (see: Nail Yakupov). At the end of the day, some people enjoy demonstrative celebrations, while others prefer a more reserved approach.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 6
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 21
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)