Jan 16, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
If the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to trade Nazem Kadri — “and there’s a chance that they will, perhaps even a strong chance” — they have to get a center back in return.
With 27 points in 45 games, Kadri’s numbers are down compared to last season, when he emerged as a full-time NHL center and scored 44 points in 48 games. Five years after he was drafted seventh overall, there remains considerable debate over just how good a player he is, and could become.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)