Jan 16, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
If the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to trade Nazem Kadri — “and there’s a chance that they will, perhaps even a strong chance” — they have to get a center back in return.
With 27 points in 45 games, Kadri’s numbers are down compared to last season, when he emerged as a full-time NHL center and scored 44 points in 48 games. Five years after he was drafted seventh overall, there remains considerable debate over just how good a player he is, and could become.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11