Jan 16, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
If the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to trade Nazem Kadri — “and there’s a chance that they will, perhaps even a strong chance” — they have to get a center back in return.
With 27 points in 45 games, Kadri’s numbers are down compared to last season, when he emerged as a full-time NHL center and scored 44 points in 48 games. Five years after he was drafted seventh overall, there remains considerable debate over just how good a player he is, and could become.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7