Jan 16, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
If the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to trade Nazem Kadri — “and there’s a chance that they will, perhaps even a strong chance” — they have to get a center back in return.
With 27 points in 45 games, Kadri’s numbers are down compared to last season, when he emerged as a full-time NHL center and scored 44 points in 48 games. Five years after he was drafted seventh overall, there remains considerable debate over just how good a player he is, and could become.
Kadri is signed through next season with a cap hit of $2.9 million, after which he can become a restricted free agent.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51