Jan 16, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
It was another bruising, physical game between the L.A. Kings and St. Louis Blues.
But a third-period scoring outburst from the Kings turned the battle in their favor, as they defeated the Blues 4-1 on the NHL on NBCSN Thursday night.
The second Lewis goal, a short-handed marker, was perhaps the deciding moment. It came just over two minutes after he provided L.A.’s second goal of the night, and gave the Kings a two-goal lead.
Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak came out to the play the shoot-in, but then let it go after it crossed the goal line. Had he played it, he would’ve been called for a penalty. Lewis picked up the puck, and with Halak out of the net, scored on the wrap around.
Halak took the blame for afterwards.
“You know, the trapezoid, I didn’t want to play the puck. I think I should have. I made a mistake at the worst possible time,” Halak said afterward, as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Perhaps one of the more entertaining parts of this hockey game was an interview between whistles that involved Blues’ head coach Ken Hitchcock, who at the time was quite displeased with his team’s effort. That led to a pretty good Anson Carter impersonation of unhappy Hitchcock during the intermission break.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)