Jan 16, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Things haven’t been going well on the power play of late for the Montreal Canadiens.
In their past five games, the Habs have gone 0-for-17 with the man advantage and, as you’d expect, this is a big problem for the fans there.
“Every team goes through this,” said defenseman P.K. Subban, who leads Montreal with 15 power-play points. “I’m not too worried about it. I think that we’re moving the puck well, we’re creating opportunities. This time of year, it’s tough because teams are bearing down. We need a bounce here or there, but our power play has always been good and it’s going to continue to be good. Right now, we just have to continue to do the right things. The puck’s not going in for us, but it will.”
The power of positive thinking compels you, P.K. On the upside, they’re hitting the road and have a pair of the poorer penalty killing teams on the schedule with Ottawa (20th) and Toronto (27) coming up. On the downside, they’ve also got games against two of the better kills in the league in Pittsburgh (1) and Detroit (6).
If the Habs return home still struggling on the power play, those two minutes of attack time might get really awkward.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)