Jan 16, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Things haven’t been going well on the power play of late for the Montreal Canadiens.
In their past five games, the Habs have gone 0-for-17 with the man advantage and, as you’d expect, this is a big problem for the fans there.
“Every team goes through this,” said defenseman P.K. Subban, who leads Montreal with 15 power-play points. “I’m not too worried about it. I think that we’re moving the puck well, we’re creating opportunities. This time of year, it’s tough because teams are bearing down. We need a bounce here or there, but our power play has always been good and it’s going to continue to be good. Right now, we just have to continue to do the right things. The puck’s not going in for us, but it will.”
The power of positive thinking compels you, P.K. On the upside, they’re hitting the road and have a pair of the poorer penalty killing teams on the schedule with Ottawa (20th) and Toronto (27) coming up. On the downside, they’ve also got games against two of the better kills in the league in Pittsburgh (1) and Detroit (6).
If the Habs return home still struggling on the power play, those two minutes of attack time might get really awkward.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)