Jan 16, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Things haven’t been going well on the power play of late for the Montreal Canadiens.
In their past five games, the Habs have gone 0-for-17 with the man advantage and, as you’d expect, this is a big problem for the fans there.
“Every team goes through this,” said defenseman P.K. Subban, who leads Montreal with 15 power-play points. “I’m not too worried about it. I think that we’re moving the puck well, we’re creating opportunities. This time of year, it’s tough because teams are bearing down. We need a bounce here or there, but our power play has always been good and it’s going to continue to be good. Right now, we just have to continue to do the right things. The puck’s not going in for us, but it will.”
The power of positive thinking compels you, P.K. On the upside, they’re hitting the road and have a pair of the poorer penalty killing teams on the schedule with Ottawa (20th) and Toronto (27) coming up. On the downside, they’ve also got games against two of the better kills in the league in Pittsburgh (1) and Detroit (6).
If the Habs return home still struggling on the power play, those two minutes of attack time might get really awkward.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)