Jan 16, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Thursday night was all about the masked men at Madison Square.
Mats Zuccarello scored his team-leading 12th goal of the year with less than six minutes remaining to give the Blueshirts the victory but, really, this one was all about Lundqvist and Howard.
The former stopped all 38 shots faced for his third shutout of the season, but might’ve been the second-best netminder on the ice. Howard was nothing short of brilliant for the Wings, stopping 47 of 48 shots — including 35 through the first two periods — and appears to be regaining some of the form that got him a nod at the No. 3 goalie for the U.S. Olympic team.
Speaking of the Olympics, Sweden has to be thrilled at how Lundqvist has turned on his game in recent weeks. He’s given up two goals or less in each of his last five games and now has a save percentage of over .940 for the month of January.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:04 AM EDT
It’s also tough to say what happens next.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
Barry Trotz says he has the joy of a kid and the maturity of a man.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Apr 27, 2015, 10:17 PM EDT
Washington shuts it down, big time.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Some great individual performances propel Tampa Bay.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 7 is one of those “let them play” games.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
Apr 27, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
Tampa Bay needed a strong start like this.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
Just one appearance in this series.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
Tough to argue with this two-way trio.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
One Game 7 and one team hoping to force another.
Apr 27, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Tom Stillman did say “I’m sure there’ll be changes” following another first-round playoff defeat.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Expected to make full recovery within 4-6 weeks.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Former Maple Leaf and Red Wing appeared in over 1,200 career games, winning five Stanley Cups.
Apr 27, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Kevin Bieksa and Dan Hamhuis were each asked if they’d be willing to waive their no-trade clauses.
Apr 27, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
Flames head coach Bob Hartley confirmed the decision on Monday.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Tournament will be a big one for the Flyers forward.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:17 PM EDT
Thus ending the Scott Darling era… for now.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
New building could open by the fall of 2017.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)