Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have placed forward Evander Kane on injured reserve with a hand laceration, retroactive to Jan. 7.
Kane, 22, has missed the last two games with what the Jets are calling a “deep hand cut.” It’s unclear exactly how he suffered the injury, though he did get in a scrap with Bolts defenseman Eric Brewer in a 4-2 loss on the 7th.
The former fourth overall pick has 14 goals and 25 points through 38 games this season. With Kane out, the Jets have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from AHL St. John’s. Klingberg has 11 goals in 33 games for the IceCaps this season.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)