Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have placed forward Evander Kane on injured reserve with a hand laceration, retroactive to Jan. 7.
Kane, 22, has missed the last two games with what the Jets are calling a “deep hand cut.” It’s unclear exactly how he suffered the injury, though he did get in a scrap with Bolts defenseman Eric Brewer in a 4-2 loss on the 7th.
The former fourth overall pick has 14 goals and 25 points through 38 games this season. With Kane out, the Jets have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from AHL St. John’s. Klingberg has 11 goals in 33 games for the IceCaps this season.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 0
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 7
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 10
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)