Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have placed forward Evander Kane on injured reserve with a hand laceration, retroactive to Jan. 7.
Kane, 22, has missed the last two games with what the Jets are calling a “deep hand cut.” It’s unclear exactly how he suffered the injury, though he did get in a scrap with Bolts defenseman Eric Brewer in a 4-2 loss on the 7th.
The former fourth overall pick has 14 goals and 25 points through 38 games this season. With Kane out, the Jets have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from AHL St. John’s. Klingberg has 11 goals in 33 games for the IceCaps this season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)