Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have placed forward Evander Kane on injured reserve with a hand laceration, retroactive to Jan. 7.
Kane, 22, has missed the last two games with what the Jets are calling a “deep hand cut.” It’s unclear exactly how he suffered the injury, though he did get in a scrap with Bolts defenseman Eric Brewer in a 4-2 loss on the 7th.
The former fourth overall pick has 14 goals and 25 points through 38 games this season. With Kane out, the Jets have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from AHL St. John’s. Klingberg has 11 goals in 33 games for the IceCaps this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)