Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have placed forward Evander Kane on injured reserve with a hand laceration, retroactive to Jan. 7.
Kane, 22, has missed the last two games with what the Jets are calling a “deep hand cut.” It’s unclear exactly how he suffered the injury, though he did get in a scrap with Bolts defenseman Eric Brewer in a 4-2 loss on the 7th.
The former fourth overall pick has 14 goals and 25 points through 38 games this season. With Kane out, the Jets have recalled forward Carl Klingberg from AHL St. John’s. Klingberg has 11 goals in 33 games for the IceCaps this season.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7