Jan 16, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson will play in Dallas tonight for the first time since this summer’s blockbuster move to Boston, and acknowledged it’s a strange sensation going back home.
“It’s a little bit weird,” he said, per NHL.com.”Coming in here and walking into the other locker room. I’ve never been in [the visiting] locker room so it’s kind of weird. But it’s nice to be here and I’m excited to get going [Thursday].”
Eriksson, 28, was drafted by Dallas in the second round (33rd overall) of the star-studded 2003 NHL Entry Draft, and proceeded to spend the first seven years of his career with the organization. He achieved great success in Dallas — scoring a career-high 73 points in 2010-11, making the All-Star team — and played a key role in the Stars’ run to the 2008 Western Conference Final, scoring eight points in 18 games.
While the early part of his tenure in Boston has been marred by a pair of concussions, Eriksson is healthy now and looking return to the form he showed in November, when he scored 11 points in 14 games and really started to show the Bruins what he could do.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)