Jan 16, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson will play in Dallas tonight for the first time since this summer’s blockbuster move to Boston, and acknowledged it’s a strange sensation going back home.
“It’s a little bit weird,” he said, per NHL.com.”Coming in here and walking into the other locker room. I’ve never been in [the visiting] locker room so it’s kind of weird. But it’s nice to be here and I’m excited to get going [Thursday].”
Eriksson, 28, was drafted by Dallas in the second round (33rd overall) of the star-studded 2003 NHL Entry Draft, and proceeded to spend the first seven years of his career with the organization. He achieved great success in Dallas — scoring a career-high 73 points in 2010-11, making the All-Star team — and played a key role in the Stars’ run to the 2008 Western Conference Final, scoring eight points in 18 games.
While the early part of his tenure in Boston has been marred by a pair of concussions, Eriksson is healthy now and looking return to the form he showed in November, when he scored 11 points in 14 games and really started to show the Bruins what he could do.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)