Jan 16, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson will play in Dallas tonight for the first time since this summer’s blockbuster move to Boston, and acknowledged it’s a strange sensation going back home.
“It’s a little bit weird,” he said, per NHL.com.”Coming in here and walking into the other locker room. I’ve never been in [the visiting] locker room so it’s kind of weird. But it’s nice to be here and I’m excited to get going [Thursday].”
Eriksson, 28, was drafted by Dallas in the second round (33rd overall) of the star-studded 2003 NHL Entry Draft, and proceeded to spend the first seven years of his career with the organization. He achieved great success in Dallas — scoring a career-high 73 points in 2010-11, making the All-Star team — and played a key role in the Stars’ run to the 2008 Western Conference Final, scoring eight points in 18 games.
While the early part of his tenure in Boston has been marred by a pair of concussions, Eriksson is healthy now and looking return to the form he showed in November, when he scored 11 points in 14 games and really started to show the Bruins what he could do.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)