Jan 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Elias, who has missed the last seven games with a groin strain (and “total body soreness“), has struggled through an injury-plagued campaign, appearing in just 33 games thus far. That said, the veteran winger does have 25 points in those games and was averaging nearly 19 minutes per night before getting hurt.
Josefson, the club’s first-round pick (20th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, had been sidelined by the flu. He’s only appeared in 16 games this year — splitting time between New Jersey and AHL Albany — and has just one point while averaging a shade over 10 minutes per gmae.
To make room for the returning players, the Devils sent winger Mike Sislo to Albany. Sislo appeared in seven games for New Jersey, recording zero points.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)