Jan 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Elias, who has missed the last seven games with a groin strain (and “total body soreness“), has struggled through an injury-plagued campaign, appearing in just 33 games thus far. That said, the veteran winger does have 25 points in those games and was averaging nearly 19 minutes per night before getting hurt.
Josefson, the club’s first-round pick (20th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, had been sidelined by the flu. He’s only appeared in 16 games this year — splitting time between New Jersey and AHL Albany — and has just one point while averaging a shade over 10 minutes per gmae.
To make room for the returning players, the Devils sent winger Mike Sislo to Albany. Sislo appeared in seven games for New Jersey, recording zero points.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)