Jan 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Elias, who has missed the last seven games with a groin strain (and “total body soreness“), has struggled through an injury-plagued campaign, appearing in just 33 games thus far. That said, the veteran winger does have 25 points in those games and was averaging nearly 19 minutes per night before getting hurt.
Josefson, the club’s first-round pick (20th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, had been sidelined by the flu. He’s only appeared in 16 games this year — splitting time between New Jersey and AHL Albany — and has just one point while averaging a shade over 10 minutes per gmae.
To make room for the returning players, the Devils sent winger Mike Sislo to Albany. Sislo appeared in seven games for New Jersey, recording zero points.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)