Jan 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Elias, who has missed the last seven games with a groin strain (and “total body soreness“), has struggled through an injury-plagued campaign, appearing in just 33 games thus far. That said, the veteran winger does have 25 points in those games and was averaging nearly 19 minutes per night before getting hurt.
Josefson, the club’s first-round pick (20th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, had been sidelined by the flu. He’s only appeared in 16 games this year — splitting time between New Jersey and AHL Albany — and has just one point while averaging a shade over 10 minutes per gmae.
To make room for the returning players, the Devils sent winger Mike Sislo to Albany. Sislo appeared in seven games for New Jersey, recording zero points.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6