Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
The opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics are set for Feb. 7 in Sochi. The Bruins’ last two games before the break are Feb. 6 in St. Louis and Feb. 8 at home versus Ottawa.
For the Bruins, it would be hard to deny their captain the honor of carrying the flag for his country, even if the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg has already put a strain on the blue line.
Chara is averaging 25:03 of ice time this season. The 36-year-old has been remarkably durable throughout his career, missing only a handful of games due to injury, despite all the hard, physical minutes he’s logged.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 6
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 15
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)