Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
The opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics are set for Feb. 7 in Sochi. The Bruins’ last two games before the break are Feb. 6 in St. Louis and Feb. 8 at home versus Ottawa.
For the Bruins, it would be hard to deny their captain the honor of carrying the flag for his country, even if the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg has already put a strain on the blue line.
Chara is averaging 25:03 of ice time this season. The 36-year-old has been remarkably durable throughout his career, missing only a handful of games due to injury, despite all the hard, physical minutes he’s logged.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)