Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
Claude Julien confirmed Zdeno Chara will carry the flag for Slovakia in Olympic opening ceremonies, and may miss last 2 gms prior to break—
Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) January 16, 2014
The opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics are set for Feb. 7 in Sochi. The Bruins’ last two games before the break are Feb. 6 in St. Louis and Feb. 8 at home versus Ottawa.
For the Bruins, it would be hard to deny their captain the honor of carrying the flag for his country, even if the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg has already put a strain on the blue line.
Chara is averaging 25:03 of ice time this season. The 36-year-old has been remarkably durable throughout his career, missing only a handful of games due to injury, despite all the hard, physical minutes he’s logged.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6