Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
Claude Julien confirmed Zdeno Chara will carry the flag for Slovakia in Olympic opening ceremonies, and may miss last 2 gms prior to break—
Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) January 16, 2014
The opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics are set for Feb. 7 in Sochi. The Bruins’ last two games before the break are Feb. 6 in St. Louis and Feb. 8 at home versus Ottawa.
For the Bruins, it would be hard to deny their captain the honor of carrying the flag for his country, even if the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg has already put a strain on the blue line.
Chara is averaging 25:03 of ice time this season. The 36-year-old has been remarkably durable throughout his career, missing only a handful of games due to injury, despite all the hard, physical minutes he’s logged.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9