Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
From CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty:
The opening ceremonies for the 2014 Winter Olympics are set for Feb. 7 in Sochi. The Bruins’ last two games before the break are Feb. 6 in St. Louis and Feb. 8 at home versus Ottawa.
For the Bruins, it would be hard to deny their captain the honor of carrying the flag for his country, even if the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg has already put a strain on the blue line.
Chara is averaging 25:03 of ice time this season. The 36-year-old has been remarkably durable throughout his career, missing only a handful of games due to injury, despite all the hard, physical minutes he’s logged.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)