Jan 16, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
It was his first game action in exactly two weeks. It was his debut for the Edmonton Oilers.
Scrivens allowed four goals on 33 shots and the Oilers lost to the Wild by a final score of 4-1. Minnesota scored three unanswered goals, including a pair just two minutes and 12 seconds apart late in the second period, to break open a tied hockey game.
Not the start Scrivens was hoping for, as he joins the team he remembers cheering for as a kid growing up in Edmonton.
“I thought he was solid for the most part… I know he would have liked that second one back, but overall he was good,” said Edmonton’s head coach Dallas Eakins after the game.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)