Jan 15, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
A couple of tweets has the interwebs buzzing about a possible trade involving Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward:
Ward is currently on injured reserve with a lower-body ailment. The 29-year-old former Conn Smythe Trophy winner has struggled this season (6-7-5, .895 save percentage); however, his career .910 save percentage in 450 appearances could garner some interest.
Signed through 2015-16, Ward’s contract is big in terms of salary and cap hit — per CapGeek, his hit ranks fifth among all NHL goalies — but small in remaining term.
Related: Will Khudobin or Peters be traded?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)