Jan 15, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
A couple of tweets has the interwebs buzzing about a possible trade involving Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward:
Ward is currently on injured reserve with a lower-body ailment. The 29-year-old former Conn Smythe Trophy winner has struggled this season (6-7-5, .895 save percentage); however, his career .910 save percentage in 450 appearances could garner some interest.
Signed through 2015-16, Ward’s contract is big in terms of salary and cap hit — per CapGeek, his hit ranks fifth among all NHL goalies — but small in remaining term.
Related: Will Khudobin or Peters be traded?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5