Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
While he’s been struggling to score a bit lately, it seems that Matt Moulson has silenced some of the critics who believed he couldn’t produce without John Tavares in Buffalo. One place he’s always seemed to be able to find the net is at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre, where he scored for the 10th time in 11 games at that locale:
Moulson’s 15th goal was so quick that some wonder if it was a goal at all. The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle reports that the Maple Leafs’ brain trust were pouring over replays of the tally.
Leafs management was looking at Moulson’s goal in slow motion – clearly some question in their minds if it went in or not.
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) January 16, 2014
An overhead replay during NBCSN’s intermission only brought that goal into more question, although from other angles, it seemed like the puck moved the twine:
Yet another segment during tonight’s NBCSN telecast gave pretty compelling evidence that it was a goal, however, so justice seems like it was served. Maybe.
However you feel about it, the goal counted, and was part of a flurry of activity as the two teams traded four goals in about eight minutes of time.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)