Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
While he’s been struggling to score a bit lately, it seems that Matt Moulson has silenced some of the critics who believed he couldn’t produce without John Tavares in Buffalo. One place he’s always seemed to be able to find the net is at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre, where he scored for the 10th time in 11 games at that locale:
Moulson’s 15th goal was so quick that some wonder if it was a goal at all. The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle reports that the Maple Leafs’ brain trust were pouring over replays of the tally.
Leafs management was looking at Moulson’s goal in slow motion – clearly some question in their minds if it went in or not.
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) January 16, 2014
An overhead replay during NBCSN’s intermission only brought that goal into more question, although from other angles, it seemed like the puck moved the twine:
Yet another segment during tonight’s NBCSN telecast gave pretty compelling evidence that it was a goal, however, so justice seems like it was served. Maybe.
However you feel about it, the goal counted, and was part of a flurry of activity as the two teams traded four goals in about eight minutes of time.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)