Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
While he’s been struggling to score a bit lately, it seems that Matt Moulson has silenced some of the critics who believed he couldn’t produce without John Tavares in Buffalo. One place he’s always seemed to be able to find the net is at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre, where he scored for the 10th time in 11 games at that locale:
Moulson’s 15th goal was so quick that some wonder if it was a goal at all. The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle reports that the Maple Leafs’ brain trust were pouring over replays of the tally.
Leafs management was looking at Moulson’s goal in slow motion – clearly some question in their minds if it went in or not.
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) January 16, 2014
An overhead replay during NBCSN’s intermission only brought that goal into more question, although from other angles, it seemed like the puck moved the twine:
Yet another segment during tonight’s NBCSN telecast gave pretty compelling evidence that it was a goal, however, so justice seems like it was served. Maybe.
However you feel about it, the goal counted, and was part of a flurry of activity as the two teams traded four goals in about eight minutes of time.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)