Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
While he’s been struggling to score a bit lately, it seems that Matt Moulson has silenced some of the critics who believed he couldn’t produce without John Tavares in Buffalo. One place he’s always seemed to be able to find the net is at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre, where he scored for the 10th time in 11 games at that locale:
Moulson’s 15th goal was so quick that some wonder if it was a goal at all. The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle reports that the Maple Leafs’ brain trust were pouring over replays of the tally.
Leafs management was looking at Moulson’s goal in slow motion – clearly some question in their minds if it went in or not.
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) January 16, 2014
An overhead replay during NBCSN’s intermission only brought that goal into more question, although from other angles, it seemed like the puck moved the twine:
Yet another segment during tonight’s NBCSN telecast gave pretty compelling evidence that it was a goal, however, so justice seems like it was served. Maybe.
However you feel about it, the goal counted, and was part of a flurry of activity as the two teams traded four goals in about eight minutes of time.
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 0
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 33
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)