Jan 15, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
David Booth‘s latest stint as a healthy scratch is coming to an end. Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella announced that Booth will play tonight after the team returned forward Darren Archibald to the minors.
This is Booth’s latest attempt to try and turn his season — and for that matter his career — around. He has 10 points in 32 games this season while averaging just 13:29 minutes per contest.
That’s a far cry from his career-high of 60 points set in 2008-09 when he was still in his mid-20s. He’s in the fifth season of a six-year, $25.5 million contract. At this rate his next deal will be nothing like that one.
“There are definitely tough days where sometimes that’s all you think about when you are going to bed, just how to get better and what you can do different,” Booth told the Vancouver Sun earlier this week.
He admitted that his struggles have frustrated him and he’s leaned on his faith, family, and friends to help him keep things in perspective.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)