Jan 15, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
David Booth‘s latest stint as a healthy scratch is coming to an end. Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella announced that Booth will play tonight after the team returned forward Darren Archibald to the minors.
This is Booth’s latest attempt to try and turn his season — and for that matter his career — around. He has 10 points in 32 games this season while averaging just 13:29 minutes per contest.
That’s a far cry from his career-high of 60 points set in 2008-09 when he was still in his mid-20s. He’s in the fifth season of a six-year, $25.5 million contract. At this rate his next deal will be nothing like that one.
“There are definitely tough days where sometimes that’s all you think about when you are going to bed, just how to get better and what you can do different,” Booth told the Vancouver Sun earlier this week.
He admitted that his struggles have frustrated him and he’s leaned on his faith, family, and friends to help him keep things in perspective.
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 1
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 27
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)