Jan 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Some news and notes to pass your way…
Pens bring up PL3
Pittsburgh has recalled veteran tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
PL3 (I’m not writing out his last name in full anymore), 28, has 137 PIM in 31 game this year and fought 11 times. Unsurprisingly, he skated on the Penguins’ “extras” line with Taylor Pyatt, Zach Sill and Deryk Engelland this morning.
Sens demote Pageau
Ottawa sent diminutive forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau to AHL Binghamton on Wednesday.
Pageau, 21, has played in 21 games with the Sens this year, scoring two goals. The former fourth-round pick has been a quality scorer at the American League level, recording 16 points in 15 games with the B-Sens this year.
– Vancouver sent forward Darren Archibald back to AHL Utica. David Booth will return from a three-game benching tonight in Anaheim.
– Columbus sent defenseman Dalton Prout to AHL Springfield on a conditioning assignment.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 21
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)