Jan 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Some news and notes to pass your way…
Pens bring up PL3
Pittsburgh has recalled veteran tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
PL3 (I’m not writing out his last name in full anymore), 28, has 137 PIM in 31 game this year and fought 11 times. Unsurprisingly, he skated on the Penguins’ “extras” line with Taylor Pyatt, Zach Sill and Deryk Engelland this morning.
Sens demote Pageau
Ottawa sent diminutive forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau to AHL Binghamton on Wednesday.
Pageau, 21, has played in 21 games with the Sens this year, scoring two goals. The former fourth-round pick has been a quality scorer at the American League level, recording 16 points in 15 games with the B-Sens this year.
– Vancouver sent forward Darren Archibald back to AHL Utica. David Booth will return from a three-game benching tonight in Anaheim.
– Columbus sent defenseman Dalton Prout to AHL Springfield on a conditioning assignment.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)