Jan 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Some news and notes to pass your way…
Pens bring up PL3
Pittsburgh has recalled veteran tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
PL3 (I’m not writing out his last name in full anymore), 28, has 137 PIM in 31 game this year and fought 11 times. Unsurprisingly, he skated on the Penguins’ “extras” line with Taylor Pyatt, Zach Sill and Deryk Engelland this morning.
Sens demote Pageau
Ottawa sent diminutive forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau to AHL Binghamton on Wednesday.
Pageau, 21, has played in 21 games with the Sens this year, scoring two goals. The former fourth-round pick has been a quality scorer at the American League level, recording 16 points in 15 games with the B-Sens this year.
– Vancouver sent forward Darren Archibald back to AHL Utica. David Booth will return from a three-game benching tonight in Anaheim.
– Columbus sent defenseman Dalton Prout to AHL Springfield on a conditioning assignment.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)