Jan 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Some news and notes to pass your way…
Pens bring up PL3
Pittsburgh has recalled veteran tough guy Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
PL3 (I’m not writing out his last name in full anymore), 28, has 137 PIM in 31 game this year and fought 11 times. Unsurprisingly, he skated on the Penguins’ “extras” line with Taylor Pyatt, Zach Sill and Deryk Engelland this morning.
Sens demote Pageau
Ottawa sent diminutive forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau to AHL Binghamton on Wednesday.
Pageau, 21, has played in 21 games with the Sens this year, scoring two goals. The former fourth-round pick has been a quality scorer at the American League level, recording 16 points in 15 games with the B-Sens this year.
– Vancouver sent forward Darren Archibald back to AHL Utica. David Booth will return from a three-game benching tonight in Anaheim.
– Columbus sent defenseman Dalton Prout to AHL Springfield on a conditioning assignment.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 0
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 16
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)