Jan 15, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Those are the two key bits of news for the practically unbeatable Anaheim Ducks, who host the Canucks tonight in hopes of extending their season-long streak of 21 home games without a regulation loss.
According to Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, Hiller is under the weather, but still may start in goal versus Vancouver.
“We told him to stay home this morning, and we’ll check on him this afternoon,” said Boudreau.
From Eric Stephens of the OC Register:
As for Getzlaf, who missed Sunday’s 1-0 win over Detroit with a lower-body injury…
The first-place Ducks have won seven straight and 17 of their last 18. They also beat the Canucks in their previous two meetings this season.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)