Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Oilers announced that Hemsky’s ankle is swollen, but on the bright side, the X-ray came back negative. It’s believed that the 30-year-old hurt himself blocking a shot during tonight’s 5-2 loss to the Stars.
Hemsky’s widely known as a talented but injury-prone player. He has missed at least eight games per season stretching back to 2006-07, though he’s actually been fairly healthy this season. Hemsky has generated 24 points in 48 games, exactly one every two contests.
While he may again be involved in trade talks, the pending free agent needs to be healthy to draw reasonable attention during the deadline. It seems like he dodged a major issue, yet you never know with ankle injuries … especially with someone who suffers from such bad luck as Hemsky.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)