Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Oilers announced that Hemsky’s ankle is swollen, but on the bright side, the X-ray came back negative. It’s believed that the 30-year-old hurt himself blocking a shot during tonight’s 5-2 loss to the Stars.
Hemsky’s widely known as a talented but injury-prone player. He has missed at least eight games per season stretching back to 2006-07, though he’s actually been fairly healthy this season. Hemsky has generated 24 points in 48 games, exactly one every two contests.
While he may again be involved in trade talks, the pending free agent needs to be healthy to draw reasonable attention during the deadline. It seems like he dodged a major issue, yet you never know with ankle injuries … especially with someone who suffers from such bad luck as Hemsky.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32