Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
The Oilers announced that Hemsky’s ankle is swollen, but on the bright side, the X-ray came back negative. It’s believed that the 30-year-old hurt himself blocking a shot during tonight’s 5-2 loss to the Stars.
Hemsky’s widely known as a talented but injury-prone player. He has missed at least eight games per season stretching back to 2006-07, though he’s actually been fairly healthy this season. Hemsky has generated 24 points in 48 games, exactly one every two contests.
While he may again be involved in trade talks, the pending free agent needs to be healthy to draw reasonable attention during the deadline. It seems like he dodged a major issue, yet you never know with ankle injuries … especially with someone who suffers from such bad luck as Hemsky.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)