Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Oilers announced that Hemsky’s ankle is swollen, but on the bright side, the X-ray came back negative. It’s believed that the 30-year-old hurt himself blocking a shot during tonight’s 5-2 loss to the Stars.
Hemsky’s widely known as a talented but injury-prone player. He has missed at least eight games per season stretching back to 2006-07, though he’s actually been fairly healthy this season. Hemsky has generated 24 points in 48 games, exactly one every two contests.
While he may again be involved in trade talks, the pending free agent needs to be healthy to draw reasonable attention during the deadline. It seems like he dodged a major issue, yet you never know with ankle injuries … especially with someone who suffers from such bad luck as Hemsky.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 51
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)