Jan 15, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Oilers announced that Hemsky’s ankle is swollen, but on the bright side, the X-ray came back negative. It’s believed that the 30-year-old hurt himself blocking a shot during tonight’s 5-2 loss to the Stars.
Hemsky’s widely known as a talented but injury-prone player. He has missed at least eight games per season stretching back to 2006-07, though he’s actually been fairly healthy this season. Hemsky has generated 24 points in 48 games, exactly one every two contests.
While he may again be involved in trade talks, the pending free agent needs to be healthy to draw reasonable attention during the deadline. It seems like he dodged a major issue, yet you never know with ankle injuries … especially with someone who suffers from such bad luck as Hemsky.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)