Jan 15, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
It didn’t take long for the other shoe to drop. Only moments after the Oilers announced they’d traded goalie Devan Dubnyk to Nashville, it’s being widely reported (since confirmed) that Edmonton has acquired goalie Ben Scrivens from Los Angeles for a third-round draft pick.
Scrivens played well in his short stint with the Kings, going 7-5-4 with a .931 save percentage. But the similarly solid play of Martin Jones, plus the return of starter Jonathan Quick from injury, apparently made Scrivens expendable.
In Edmonton, Scrivens will be reunited with his former AHL (Toronto Marlies) coach, Dallas Eakins.
Like Dubnyk, Scrivens is a pending unrestricted free agent. (Ditto for the Oilers’ other goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov.)
Mar 6, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Hence, all the trades.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:43 AM EST
Huge blow to Colorado’s already slim playoff chances.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:01 AM EST
A bad week for the Jets and Canucks.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:53 AM EST
Which is good, considering he’s in the final year of his entry-level deal.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Both players were scheduled to become restricted free agents after this season.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He was handed the key to the city on Thursday in Ottawa.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
He’s been out of the lineup since Feb. 13.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:36 AM EST
Minnesota, Calgary and L.A. all win on Thursday.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:34 AM EST
Philly comes back with three goals in the third period.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:02 AM EST
Arizona snaps 10-game losing streak.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:46 PM EST
Mar 5, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Brock Nelson scored the winner.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
“That. Just. Happened!”
Mar 5, 2015, 10:11 PM EST
“It’s humbling there’s no question.”
Mar 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EST
Once a 30-goal scorer in the NHL.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:40 PM EST
Curtis McKenzie drops the gloves.
Mar 5, 2015, 7:13 PM EST
“At the same time, Mike will maintain his focus on doing all he can to help Nashville win its first-ever Stanley Cup.”
Mar 5, 2015, 6:47 PM EST
Won’t suit up when the Caps take on Minnesota.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:24 PM EST
That’s former minor-league player Jordan Hart.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 16
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7