Jan 15, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was a bold move, even if Byfuglien previously served as a winger with the Chicago Blackhawks. Since then Paul Maurice has taken over as the Jets’ new bench boss, but he’s decided to keep Noel’s experiment going.
“Can you imagine having a guy that’s that big, that can move like that and with hands like that, with some of his creative instincts,” Maurice told the Winnipeg Sun. “I’m going to leave him there until I see something that I need to change.
“That may be next week, it may be next month, it may be never. I’m not making a decision until I need to.”
Byfuglien is out of practice in his new role and consequently doesn’t feel comfortable in it, but he sees it as a fun challenge. Winnipeg will play against Calgary on Thursday.
- Report: No fine or suspension for Perry’s spear on Benn 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 23
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 41
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42